Dysautonomia Sucks!!

Dysautonomia Sucks!!
This is a picture that I created just to show how I feel about my disease(s).

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The fight continues..........

Why is it that disability is so hard to get on for people who have real health problems. People can get disability for everything under the sun but I know so many people who have not been able to get on disability because the people dont know about our diseases therefore they are not considered disabiling. I dont think that should matter. Who cares if you know about the disease we suffer from. Its not up to you to decided if its a real disabiling issue or not. You just have to sign the paper. We do so much paperwork just to get disability. Packet after packet of paper and then you get one piece of paper with about thirty words on it saying that you have been denied and if you have a problem with that then call whatever number so you can leave five hundred messages for someone to call you back two weeks later to say there's nothing you can do beside apply again. Who honestly wants to keep doing the paperwork? Is it not bad enough dealing with these diseases and the doctors visits and the medications and stuff now we have to keep fighting people who doesnt care enough to listen. They just want to sit at their desk on the phone asking questions all day just for you to answer them honestly and then get a kick in the face. I filled out papers online for disability, got more papers in the mail, got two phone calls, got two more packets in the mail and have been told that I should have three more packets in the mail tomorrow. Every packet asks the same question and is mailed to the same place!!! How many times do I need to answer these questions. I feel bad enough already without having to write all day. They probably dont even read all the answers in the packets. Whats the point???? And they ask you "What diseases do you have" and whenever you tell them they reply with "oh okay I've never heard of that one. Are you sure its a real disease." It makes me wanna say "well I sure hope so because at least I know what I'm suffering from!!" I dont like stupid people like that! They are just doing that for a pay check because they can actually work a normal job!!! And they are so rude! Always snapping or raising their voice or cutting you off. Grrr!! I cant stand that. Anyway, off that subject now.....I'm sure there are plenty of people who's had to deal with that also. On a funny note....I called an allergist today because my doctor wanted me to see one. The nurse was setting up my appt. and asked "What are you needing to see an allergist for?" so I replied "my tongue swells and goes numb whenever I eat or drink certain things." I was waiting for her to say okay well your appt date is. But no.....she replies with "oh no honey you need to see an allergist!" Well isnt that who I just called??? Duh! How crazy can people really be? Well I think thats enough complaining for one night. I will post more tomorrow. Its bedtime now. Good night everyone and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment