Dysautonomia Sucks!!

Dysautonomia Sucks!!
This is a picture that I created just to show how I feel about my disease(s).

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Waiting Forever....................

When you're sick its a daily fight. Its never easy but its the people who are there to support you that keep you pushing on. Without those people in my life I would have never made it this far. I've lost friends but I've gained new and even greater friends in their place. These people are amazing, loving, caring and supportive and are always there when I need someone to lift my spirits again. I'm very thankful for these people. They've become more like family now.

But another thing that you deal with when youre sick is the judgement, criticism, hate, medical bills, doctors appointments, tests, questions, etc. The list could go on forever. You feel as though you're alone in it and that its never going to get better. Then when you start fighting for disability then its a constant fight and it takes so much out of you. Between the paper work, denial letters, appeals, lawyers meetings, etc it just builds up, takes strength and adds more weight on your shoulders.

I've been fighting for disability since 2007 and have been denied over and over again because my diagnosis is not "taught in medical school". There are so many things out there that arent taught in medical school. There are people who I know personally who gets disability for a 2 yr old child with asthma that hardly has any problems. Its crazy how the system works these days. People get disability and work a full time job, etc but nothing can be said about that but when you say something about the person who is turned down for every job they apply for because they have health problems and arent "reliable". Whats reliable exactly?? Being there every day, not taking a day off for a needed doctors appt, not taking your meds on time even while on shift, etc. The person who is turned down for every job is also turned down for disability because they havent worked enough.


So I'm going to leave this post with this answer, maybe someone can explain it. Hopefully it will be some of the disability workers who I have this emailed to everytime I post on here. So please explain!

How can you work enough to get credits for disability when your health keeps you from working???


(P.S. On a good note, I finally recieved a court date for my disability hearing this morning. Prayers are def needed between now and Jan 5th)

No comments:

Post a Comment